Credit agent Home credit agent, collection agent
Credit agents visit customers to collect loan repayments.
1. Entry requirementsThere are no set entry requirements. Previous experience in finance or customer service is helpful but not essential, as you’ll often be trained on the job.
You’ll need a full driving licence and your own vehicle to travel between customers.
2. Skills required
- good communication skills
- number skills
- attention to detail
3. What you'll do
- planning your daily work schedule
- travelling to customers’ homes or businesses collecting repayments
- updating customer records
- advising customers about repayment plans
- providing sales target reports for managers
- dealing with customer issues or complaints
These figures are a guide.
Income is often based on commission and varies depending on the amount of customers you have.
5. Working hours, patterns and environmentYou’ll manage your own time and appointments. You’ll often work evenings and weekends to visit people at home.
You’ll spend a lot of time travelling between customers.
6. Career path and progressionWith experience, you could become an area manager, coordinating the work of a team of credit agents.
With further training, you could become a bailiff or money adviser.
You may be interested in:
Last updated: 13 December 2016