We have profiles on over 800 different types of job, from archivist to zoologist.
Each one explains:
- the skills and qualifications needed to get into that job
- what the work would be like
- the pay you could expect
- what the career prospects are
Explore the job profiles to find out what a job involves and if it will suit you.
Search job profiles
A to Z index
Choose a letter below to view profiles.
Alternatively select from the list below
- Administrative and clerical
- Alternative therapies
- Animals, plants and land
- Arts, crafts and design
- Catering services
- Education and training
- Environmental sciences
- Financial services
- General and personal services
- Information technology and information management
- Legal services
- Maintenance, service and repair
- Management and planning
- Manufacturing and engineering
- Marketing, selling and advertising
- Medical technology
- Medicine and nursing
- Performing arts, broadcast and media
- Publishing and journalism
- Retail sales and customer service
- Science and research
- Security and uniformed services
- Social services
- Sport, leisure and tourism
- Storage, dispatching and delivery
Exam results helpline from 16 to 31 August
Once you've got your exam results, get help from a careers adviser on your options, and what to do next.
Call 0800 100 900
8am to 10pm, 7 days a week
Calls are free from landlines and most mobile numbers.