Sports club secretary Club administrator
Sports club secretaries provide administrative support to clubs and societies.
1. Entry requirementsYou’ll need a good standard of general education, with good reading, writing and number skills.
Administration or finance experience would be helpful.
2. Skills required
- organisational skills
- communication skills
- IT skills
3. What you'll do
Your day-to-day duties could include:
- answering membership enquiries by post, phone and online
- typing up minutes of club committee meetings
- planning events and activities
- organising fundraising
- updating membership records
- producing and sending out club newsletters
- supervising volunteers
Salaries are variable.
Sometimes the job is done on a voluntary basis.
5. Working hours, patterns and environmentYou’ll work flexible hours, which are likely to include some evenings and weekends when attending meetings and events.
6. Career path and progressionWith experience, you could take on more responsibilities at your club, like treasury work or management duties.
You could also move into office administration, events management or charity fundraising.
You may be interested in:
Last updated: 16 December 2016