Sales administrator Sales administration assistant, sales office clerk
Sales administrators process sales orders and payments, arrange deliveries and offer after-sales support.
1. Entry requirementsThere are no set entry requirements.
Sales or administration experience would be helpful.
You could get into this job through a business and administration, sales or customer service apprenticeship.
2. Skills required
- excellent customer service skills
- IT skills
- close attention to detail
3. What you'll do
Your day-to-day duties could include:
- answering customer enquiries over the phone, by email and face to face
- processing orders, credit checks and payments
- sending out invoices and other paperwork
- updating customer records
- checking stock and re-ordering supplies
- organising deliveries
- providing after-sales support
- typing up documents like letters and reports
Starter: £15,000 to £19,000
Experienced: £20,000 to £24,000
These figures are a guide.
5. Working hours, patterns and environmentYou’ll work up to 40 hours a week, Monday to Saturday.
You’ll work in a sales office.
6. Career path and progressionWith experience, you could become a sales admin team leader, personal assistant or office manager.
You may be interested in:
Last updated: 14 December 2016